Good Communication Speech & Language Therapy in Gloucestershire and surrounding areas
We provide a fully supported and comprehensive Speech & Language service.
What We Provide to Client Institutions
- Qualified therapists
- Therapist’s supervision & training
- Internal forum for case reviews & sharing of best practice
- Therapy materials, teaching aids and equipment
- Tests, assessments, and licences
- Professional and academic support
- Staff training and guidance on all aspects of delivery of communication skills
- Specific advice on how to “embed” Communication Strategies and Skills throughout the client organisation.
- Portfolio showing a summary of ongoing work available for submission to review bodies such as Ofsted
What We Provide for Students
- A calm, caring opportunity for developing communication skills
- Planned therapy sessions with selected teaching aids, therapeutic games and activities
- Appropriate augmentative communication tools, e.g. Signalong, PECS, WIDGIT symbols
- Individual therapy plan, with targets and strategies to meet them
- Individual assessment, re-assessment & exit reports.
- Advice on communication aids
The first hour with a new client is free, but thereafter our one hourly fee applies to all our work: the provision of assessments, reports, individual or group therapy, and staff training. Our fee funds the provision of the Speech & Language therapist, the therapist’s supervision & training, plus all therapy materials, teaching aids, equipment, assessments & tests, licences and professional indemnity insurance necessary for therapy.
Around 75% of our expenditure goes on staff related costs and training. Regular acquisition of new materials and equipment account for a further 10% with the balance going on accreditation fees, subscriptions, insurances, and other administrative overheads.